Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Namewee: I Am Who I Am

Hmm, it's been quite a while since I actually had time to blog. My finals are coming up, so I won't be blogging as often as I want to. However, a matter of interest came up recently that I wish for people to know.



A new song by Namewee. His short autobiography on what he had done so far, from his high school life to his current 'celebrity' status.

我有自己的梦,自己会走,不管再寂寞。
I have my own dream, I will fulfill it myself, no matter how lonely I am.

It is quite logical given his persecution by the government, and the fact that his outspoken comments on unfair treatments whatever race or religion has drawn the attention of the media.

He speaks too also of the fact that people regard him as a public figure, but he doesn't want that to affect his style of composing.

A good singer despite having being extremely foul-mouthed when singing diao ren (scolding people) songs. This song is definitely different from his usual style. Hopefully he will supply English subtitles for this song soon as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment