Monday, October 26, 2009

Sheraton Restaurant

Well, I'm just another one of those guys who gets dragged around attending dinners because of obligations to other people, which is why I found myself at the Sheraton Restaurant the other day. Its rather close to Telekom Sibu, if anyone's interested.


When you see this, your first impression of Sheraton would most probably be a kopitiam, or an outdoor 'restaurant', like so:

Well, since I've been living in Sibu for quite a while already, it not a surprise to see this big ass building instead of a coffeeshop:


I apologize for the poor picture quality, my phone doesn't have a very good megapixel. Anyway, onto the food. As some people know, there are mainly 7-8 courses when you go out for 'dinner', which is our equivalent for attending engagement parties and such. The first course always winds up as something like this:
Looks tasty, doesn't it? Its actually just an appetizer, consisting of stuff just as Shark's fin, fried sotong(squid), and such. Next on the typical list is the soup:
When you come to Sibu, the soup will normally be a seafood type of soup, but we had chicken soup that day, not exactly our of the norm, but a tad surprising. The third item on the list is fish curry, which is said to be the specialty if this particular restaurant.


The restaurant will supply you with rice to go with the curry, or I doubt anyone would have been able to finish it. The curry is rather spicy, so is not recommendable for people who don't know how to eat hot stuff. Overall, it is a rather delectable dish if you like spicy food. The 4th is a dish of vegetables.

A mixture of tofu, carrots, a few slabs of meat, mushrooms etc. Not exactly a culinary delight, but not bad either. The next dish is something I only came in contact with that day.


Soft shelled crab, with jellyfish on the side. I'm not exactly a great fan of crustaceans, as I'm normally too lazy to peel of the shells, so when this dish came out, I was rather surprised. You can just chew the whole thing, as the shell has been reduced to a crisp, which is edible as well. This is definitely worth a try if you visit Sheraton. The second last dish is prawns. They were a bit bigger than normal prawns, but not exactly fresh. Below shows one of the prawns on my plate.

Nuff said. The last dish normally consists of a dessert and most importantly fruits. However, I will be leaving you to imagine what kind of fruit had been placed on the plate that day.Honestly speaking, I just forgot to take a picture of the fruits before we polished it off. I guess Sibu people rarely have the problem of constipation.

All in all, I would recommend the fish and the crab for anyone keen on visiting this restaurant. The chicken soup is quite good as well. If you need directions, just follow the road signs to the library, you will see the building on your left.

0 comments:

Post a Comment