Monday, March 1, 2010

CNY 2010

My computer has gone into the hospital, ever since 2 weeks ago, which is why I haven't been blogging lately. I only needed to change the fan, but no one told the repairman that, which is why I think it is safe to assume that he is still turning my computer on and off wondering what is the problem with it today.

Anyway, I just got back from KL a few days ago, and would just like to show the contrast between here and there.This is behind Wisma Sanyan, one of the biggest 'malls' in Sibu. on CHINESE NEW YEAR'S EVE.
This is the 'Sibu Window'
The only red I can see is the KFC!! Where are the decorations? Where are the people?? Is the Chinese New Year so irrelevant??I mean, even the traffic lights are redder than the nonexistent decorations. Though some credit should be given to the government for at least putting up billboards so people know its CNY.
At least there are some people who kept the decorations on even when near the end of the 15 days of the CNY. This one is found in front of the Pavilion, KL.Over there, they've got big lanterns...and also dragon people. Their eyes may be open, but since I'm still blogging we can assume they were asleep when I snapped this picture.Anyway, hope you all had a good new year with lots of ang pao, and cash as well~

P.S. I'll try to upload my trip to KL once I get my main computer back...I hope

0 comments:

Post a Comment